- A Career Connection Story - John said, "Career Connection put me on the pathway to success. Now I am leading others to take the right path in life."
- A Teen Living Story - Fanny is a single mother of a 6 month old baby boy. Like many teenagers, Fanny was faced with the challenges of peer pressure and chose to follow instead of lead.
- A TeenWork Story - Never too early to get work experience….At the age of 17, Jeff was able to receive his first corporate job with the help of Just-A-Start TeenWork.
- A YouthBuild Story - Faced with the life challenges of a high school teenager, Jorge finds hope through the tools and resources offered by Just-A-Start YouthBuild to move forward.
- A Homeowner and 402 Rindge Ave. Story - “Single mom’s can do it” After years of experiencing difficulty to acquire homeownership. Rosa found herself at ease when Just-A-Start’s homeownership program was introduced to her.
- A 402 Rindge Ave Story - Hosneara and her husband won a lottery in their home country of Bangladesh awarding them the opportunity to move to the United States in 1995.
Welcome to Just-A-Start
Since 1970, Just-A-Start Corporation (JAS) has been serving the Cambridge and surrounding Metro North communities providing services and activities for the benefit of low and moderate income individuals. As a nonprofit (501) (c) (3) community development corporation, Just-A-Start focuses on three major program activities: the stabilization of occupied housing, education/ training/job placement, and the development and sustaining of affordable housing. Over the course of years, Just-A-Start Corporation has impacted the lives of many adults and adolescents from various backgrounds. We have provided people of all ages with the tools and resources to grow. Our organization believes that, “All successful endings are possible if given just a start.”