||1035 Cambridge St. #12, Cambridge MA 02141 (map)
||142 Cambridge St., Charleston MA 02129 (map)
|Futures for Young Parents
||466 Mystic Ave., Somerville, MA 02145 (map)
||114 Temple St., Somerville MA 02145 (map)
||1175 Cambridge St., Cambridge MA 02139 (map)
Please click here for staff information.
Just-A-Start Corporation (JAS), established in 1971, is a non-profit community development corporation, which operates primarily in Cambridge, MA. JAS focuses on three major program activities for the benefit of low- and moderate-income people: the stabilization of occupied housing, education/training/placement, and the development and operation of affordable housing.
Funding and Donations
Just-A-Start's 22 program components are funded and financed by multiple sources. Just-A-Start develops and administers performance-based programs using Federal, State, City, private charitable, private sector and community sources. Just-A-Start has no endowments or trust funds as a source of income, and we do not seek or receive United Way funds.
Our major sources of program revenue and resources include:
- HUD CDBG, HOME, YouthBuild (as available), rent supplements and CHODO.
- State DHCD, DET (as available), DTA (Welfare – as available), MHFA and DSS.
- City of Cambridge via the Community Development Department, Cambridge School Department and Office of Workforce Development.
- Private charitable foundations, corporations and individuals. Annual Walk for workforce housing, training and education and sustainable jobs.
- Private sector including bank financing (rehab loans, homebuyer mortgages, mortgage refinancing), permanent jobs, internships and summer and after-school hours employment experiences and Walk sponsors.
Just-A-Start is an approved tax-exempt charitable organization. Contributions are tax deductible and can be mailed to the address below. Donors can designate support to a particular program. All programs of Just-A-Start rely on multiple sources of funding to achieve annual program goals.
Main Office Location:
Attn: Gordon Gottsche
1035 Cambridge Street, #12
Cambridge, MA 02141