Chief Financial Officer
JUST-A-START CORPORATION (JAS)
25 to 30 hours per week.
Just-A-Start Corporation is a community development corporation providing housing services and education and training programs. Based in Cambridge, MA the agency has an annual budget of approximately $7M and 60 employees.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the organization
- Design and implement processes for budgets, financial reporting, contract billing
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts
- Develop and maintain an asset management system
- Preparation and filing of all reports required of lenders, state and federal agencies
- Work with property managers in establishment of budgets
- Develop policies and procedures to track performance targets
- Provide financial training for program directors and managers as needed.
- Develop and maintain financial and accounting policies and procedures to provide best practices for internal controls.
- Supervise finance and accounting staff
- Manage relationship with auditors
- Oversee Information Technology functions for the agency.
- Oversee Human Recourses functions including benefits management
- Develop recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and agency operations.
- Manage banking relationships
- Ensure effective internal control structure is in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, State and local regulatory laws and rules for financial reporting.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Public accounting background, CPA
- Fifteen years’ experience in public/non-profit/real estate accounting.
- Five years’ experience as a CFO of a not-for-profit organization with real estate holdings for affordable housing
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Team player to mentor and develop staff to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- PC proficiency is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to apply
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: